Image Map

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Review: Rebel Belle by Rachel Hawkins.

Harper Price, peerless Southern belle, was born ready for a Homecoming tiara. But after a strange run-in at the dance imbues her with incredible abilities, Harper's destiny takes a turn for the seriously weird. She becomes a Paladin, one of an ancient line of guardians with agility, super strength and lethal fighting instincts.

Just when life can't get any more disastrously crazy, Harper finds out who she's charged to protect: David Stark, school reporter, subject of a mysterious prophecy and possibly Harper's least favorite person. But things get complicated when Harper starts falling for him—and discovers that David's own fate could very well be to destroy Earth.

With snappy banter, cotillion dresses, non-stop action and a touch of magic, this new young adult series from bestseller Rachel Hawkins is going to make y'all beg for more.

Let me just say this is one of the few books that made me laugh ut loud not even like a smile or a little laugh but laugh and fall off my bed.
This plot is not slow but it keeps you laughing and on the edge of your seat. Yes like a movie. Full action packed and really funny.
Its told by Harper Price and her sense of humor is just great.

Theres definitely some character growth going on in the book so if you like that. This book has it.

(spoiler alert) I did expect the love triangle.

But this book was overall amazing and kick-ass and action packed and funny I habe no words to describe how great of a book Rachel Hawkins wrote.

This is a must read for everyone.

★★★★★ on Goodreads

2 comments:

  1. Everyone has raved about how good this book is. I'm still on the fence about it, but I do want a good laugh, so I'll most likely be adding this to my never-ending TBR soon. lol

    P.S You're the first male blogger that I've come across, so you def deserve a follow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you want a good laugh. Then I would definitely try this book out! In the end it gets so exciting and action-y just a pretty amazing badass book.

      And thank you haha :)
      I followed you back on Bloglovin !!

      Delete