Image Map

Thursday, March 17, 2016

Review: Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare


Synopsis

When sixteen-year-old Tessa Gray arrives in England during the reign of Queen Victoria, Something terrifying is waiting for her in London's Downworld, where vampires, warlocks and other supernatural stalk the gaslit streets. Friendless and hunted, Tessa seeks refuge with the Shadowhunters, a band of warriors dedicated to ridding the world of demons. Drawn deeper into their world, she finds herself fascinated by - and torn between - Two best friends and quickly realizes that love may be the most dangerous magic of all...


Review

I heard everywhere on the internet and specially booktube that this trilogy is way better than The Mortal Instruments series, and i was eager to figure out if i shared the same thoughts.

The plot of this book starts pretty much with some terrifying action and you get immediatly into a bad situation which is great because you are eager to find out what is happening. The plot in this book is in my opinion better than the mortal instruments indeed because it has a really different perspective on the Shadowhunter universe. 
The plot builds up to a really gripping and suspenseful end which is really worth it.

If you aren't familiar with Cassandra Clare's writing style, this book follows mainly Tessa as she gets thrown into this world she knows nothing about and we follow mostly her as many things happen to her and the characters around her and as we discover the mystery she is.

I loved Tessa as a main character so much. Comparing her to Clary Fray, the main character of The Mortal Instruments' series, She is so badass and she gets stuff done, Clary is more like a passive character which doesn't really do much and messes things up and is annoying most of the time, but Tessa is such  a strong female character and i just love that fact.
I dont know what people see in William Herondale, I frankly think he is annoying with all his mystery and i really did think that it seemed to be an even more rude version of Jace. I did get a lot of the same feelings when i read about Jace when i was reading about Will.
Jess is such a great character because i love the controversy she has with her life. I love her way of being, she is hard outside but after all, specially towards the end, you see that she is also a really strong female character.
Jem in my opinion was pretty sweet, too sweet for my liking but still the most like-able out of the boys, so far I'm team Jem.

We also get to see some characters that we know and love from TMI which I loved that they were in this book and get to see more of them, and understand them more.

I will have to admit that when i read about the background stories on some characters, I didn't really care much about them. I'm sorry, I'm a horrible person, it just didn't really intrigue me.

I did like the fact that Tessa is frustrated sometimes because she , as well as us, has no answers to some important stuff going on. I also felt a connection with Tessa for the most part, when she is being a strong and badass character, but when she was stuck thinking about Will or Jem, i didn't really care much of that.

I feel like Tessa could be way better off without any of the boys, she's pretty strong and can handle herself pretty well. A bunch of this book is proof of that, but still if i had to choose i would prefer Jem and Tess.

I recommend this for TMI fans that cant get enough of the shadowhunters universe and that love to dive into this world. Also i read that you have to read these books in publication date order to not spoil the other TMI books for some reason..

I gave this book ★★★★ stars on Goodreads.

No comments:

Post a Comment