Image Map

Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Review: The Afterlife of Holly Chase by Cynthia Hand


Synopsis

On Christmas Eve five years ago, Holly was visited by three ghosts who showed her how selfish and spoiled she'd become. They tried to convince her to mend her ways.

She didn't.

And then she died.

Now she's stuck working for the top-secret company Project Scrooge--as the latest Ghost of Christmas Past.

Every year, they save another miserly grouch. Every year, Holly stays frozen at seventeen while her family and friends go on living without her. So far, Holly's afterlife has been miserable.

But this year, everything is about to change. . . . 

Review

This is a book that I listened to as an audiobook, and I can't tell you how glad I am that I did. 


The characters in this story are characters that you can't help but to love to hate and be annoyed with but in a way that you are still rooting for them, especially Holly. You come to care for each character so much. The development of the characters in this story is just so... *chef's kiss*

The plot of this story takes Holly and the reader to a deep place of introspective thinking and re-evaluating your life choices, or at least that is how it was in my case. Needless to say, this was an emotional roller coaster for me in every sense of the term. 

Not sure, if it was because of the audiobook or not, but the way that the story is written, you get so immersed by it. The Afterlife of Holly Chase was all I could think of in the period when I was reading/listening to it. 

This is a must read, and a re-read from me for sure during this winter time. 

I gave this book ★★★★★ stars on Goodreads.

No comments:

Post a Comment