Image Map

Saturday, October 25, 2014

Review: The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin

Mara Dyer believes life can't get any stranger than waking up in a hospital with no memory of how she got there.
It can. 

She believes there must be more to the accident she can't remember that killed her friends and left her strangely unharmed. 
There is.

She doesn't believe that after everything she's been through, she can fall in love. 
She's wrong.

This book was for the most part really good for me, I was captivated through the whole book plotting theories trying to figure out what is going on, trying to guess whats true or not. and i must admit i gasped a lot of times.

The story follows Mara obviously and she just wants answers and through the whole book You , he reader, and her will try to figure out what happened or what is happening. 

What I really love about this book is that the one who tells the story, Mara, is not a reliable source, because not even she knows what is going on and that leaves you so confused and wanting some answers.

What did not work for me were the answers, The author could have done so much more but unfortunately it did not match my imagination or theories, maybe that is what disappointed me, but still it was pretty good.

In the next book i hope there is less cheesy stuff, in crucial moments the characters would start getting all romantic and it really just wasn't the time for that.

I would recommend this story to anyone, its a fun read and will leave you gasping more and more and so confused and sometimes even terrified.

I gave this book ★★★★ on Goodreads

3 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this novel. I didn't have the issues you did but that just goes to show how differently we all perceive novels. Glad you enjoyed it for the most part.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so agree, I had the same problems with this book. Great review! :D

    ~Carina @http://myaddictionbooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm definitely intrigued to read this book!

    http://enchantedbyya.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/review-maze-runner-maze-runner-1-by.html

    ReplyDelete